The Grand Oak Villa
Save the little black dress for another evening. This is a night for pajamas.
- Renowned author, humorist and TV personality Gina Barreca,
- Shopping 20+ local and trendy vendors
- Signature modern cocktails
- Delicious food
- Raffles and Prizes for Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa, Viso Bello, Adam Broderick Salon, and more.
- Network with the heroines in our community helping youth;
- Laugh your (pajama) pants off with featured speaker and humorist Gina Barreca;
- Shop over 20 local, amazing vendors;
- Chance to win many prizes including 50/50 raffle, lunch at Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa, gift certificates at Viso Bello, Adam Broderick, and more
- Learn how WYS is making a difference for youth in the Greater Waterbury Area each and every day;
- Did we mention great food is free with your ticket?
Tables: Put together a group of your best friends, favorite colleagues and family members and we'll reserve a table for you (seats 10).
About the Speaker:
Hailed as “smart and funny” by People magazine and “Very, very funny. For a woman,” by Dave Barry, Gina Barreca was deemed a “feminist humor maven” by Ms. Magazine. Novelist Wally Lamb said “Barreca’s prose, in equal measures, is hilarious and humane." Her weekly columns from The Hartford Courant are now distributed internationally by the Tribune Co. and her work has appeared in most major publications, including The New York Times, The Independent of London, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Cosmopolitan, and The Harvard Business Review.
Gina, who is a Professor of English at the University of Connecticut and winner of UConn’s highest award for excellence in teaching, has recently joined the Mark Twain House & Museum Board of Trustees, is a member of the Friars Club and an honoree of the Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame. She is the author most recently of If You Lean In, Will Men Just Look Down Your Blouse? which was an ELLE Reader’s Prize selection.
Her earlier books include It's Not That I'm Bitter, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying About Visible Panty Lines and Conquered the World, the bestselling They Used to Call Me Snow White But I Drifted: Women’s Strategic Use of Humor and Babes in Boyland: A Personal History of Coeducation in the Ivy League.
Best Themed Pajama Outfit
Prize: Viso Bello Gift Certificate
Funniest Pajama Outfit
Prize: Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa Lunch for Two
Prize: Gift Certificate to Hawk Ridge Winery
Prize: Adam Broderick 60 minute Massage Gift Certificate
Best "Non" Pajama Outfit
Prize: O'Rourke & Birch Floral Arrangement
Diagnostic Radiology Associates
JT Art & Design
Naugatuck Valley Radiology
New Morning Market
Oronoque Eye Care
Perfectly Posh Skin Care
The Olive Oil Company
Tranquil Body Massage
Click Image Below to Download Printable Poster For Your Workplace